- You can edit your profile photo or information in the Profile tab in your settings.
- You can also click on the Edit profile button that appears on your profile whenever you are signed in to that account.
To change or remove your profile photo:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon in the top navigation bar and select Edit profile.
- Click the Change photo button next to your photo. You’ll be given the option to select an existing photo, take a photo, or remove your existing photo.
- If selecting an existing image from your computer, your file can be up to 700k in any of the following formats: JPG, GIF, or PNG. (Twitter does not support animated GIFs.)
- After selecting the file, click Save.
- You will see a notification that your image has been successfully published to your profile.
Note: The thumbnail image chosen will only appear on your profile after you click Save.
To take a profile photo with your webcam:
- Select Take photo from the Change photo drop-down.
- You may receive an alert asking permission to use your webcam, click Allow.
- Compose your image and click Take picture.
- You’ll see notification in your profile settings that your photo was published successfully.
To update your name, bio, website, and location info:
- Visit the Profile tab in your settings, or click the Edit profile button on your profile page.
- Make the desired changes to your name, bio, website, or location.
- Click Save changes. You’re all set!
To change your background image or header:
If you would like to change your profile’s header or background image or theme, please read How to Customize Your Twitter Design.